Getting Started with our Wildlife Alert Reporting Program
- Enter https://wildsafebc.com/warp in your browser window
- Click "I agree" when the Terms of Service pop up. You will be directed to the main page of W.A.R.P.
- Go to the top right hand corner of page and click on: Hello, Guest User. A drop down menu comes up with Login options.
- Choose to either "Register using Facebook" or "Register using Email".
Register via Email:
- Enter your first name, last name, and e-mail address. Next, choose a username and password. An activation link will then be sent to the email you registered with.
- Check your email inbox, and be sure to check your junk mail or spam mail folder if the email doesn’t show up. Then click the link in the email and you are ready to start receiving alerts.
Register via Facebook (if you registered using Email you do not have to complete this step):
- Once clicked you will be prompted to log into your Facebook account.
Now that you have registered and are signed into your W.A.R.P. account:
- Click on the drop down menu on the top right of the main page.
- Click My Alert Locations to add a location. This allows you to submit a location, such as your address (which will link to the email address or Facebook account you registered with), and will now send Wildlife Alerts to constantly keep you aware of the wildlife sightings that get reported within the radius that you select as your neighbourhood.
- Click the Add button to create a location profile
When the "Add Location" window pops up, input all of the following information:
- Location Name
- Check the box captioned "This is my default location for adding new encounters".
- Hit "Save" at the bottom of the window
Query Filters and Options:
May be used to search any location in BC
Change the Show to a time frame of your desire - selecting "Date Range" will allow you to enter your own dates (Green Box)
- Change the City/Locality to a location of your choice - leave blank to show all of BC (Yellow Box)
- Change the Species – leave blank to include all species (Red Box)
- Change Attractants, Encounter Type, Outcome and Group/Agency – leave blank to include all (Blue Box)
You're ready to go!
You will now receive alerts via either email or facebook (depending on how you registered your account) whenever a sighting is reported in your area. Feel free to log into your account whenever to check up on the W.A.R.P. map to make sure you're prepared and aware of the wildlife activity in your neighborhood.