Our newly developed Junior Ranger program is intended to introduce students to the concept of human-wildlife conflict and encourage them to take an active role in reducing human-wildlife conflict at home by helping their families identify backyard wildlife attractants. Proactive attractant management is the most effective long term solution to human-wildlife conflict!
Junior Rangers will learn:
• Basic needs (habitat requirements) of local wildlife species
• The root causes of human wildlife conflict
• How human wildlife conflict impacts both people and animals
• What we can do at home to prevent human wildlife conflict
• How to stay safe in wildlife country